Preparing to Worship (Stuart Townend)
Sermon for Sunday: Who Is This King of Glory? Jehovah Magginenu
Happy are you, O Israel! Who is like you, a people saved by the LORD, the shield of your help, and the sword of your triumph! Your enemies shall come fawning to you, and you shall tread upon their backs.” (Deuteronomy 33:29)
He said, “The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold and my refuge, my savior; you save me from violence. I call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised, and I am saved from my enemies. “For the waves of death encompassed me, the torrents of destruction assailed me; the cords of Sheol entangled me; the snares of death confronted me. “In my distress I called upon the LORD; to my God I called. From his temple he heard my voice, and my cry came to his ears. (2 Samuel 22:2-7)
(1) A Maskil of Ethan the Ezrahite. I will sing of the steadfast love of the LORD, forever; with my mouth I will make known your faithfulness to all generations.
(2) For I said, “Steadfast love will be built up forever; in the heavens you will establish your faithfulness.”
(3) You have said, “I have made a covenant with my chosen one; I have sworn to David my servant:
(4) ‘I will establish your offspring forever, and build your throne for all generations.'” Selah
(5) Let the heavens praise your wonders, O LORD, your faithfulness in the assembly of the holy ones!
(6) For who in the skies can be compared to the LORD? Who among the heavenly beings is like the LORD,
(7) a God greatly to be feared in the council of the holy ones, and awesome above all who are around him?
(8) O LORD God of hosts, who is mighty as you are, O LORD, with your faithfulness all around you?
(9) You rule the raging of the sea; when its waves rise, you still them.
(10) You crushed Rahab like a carcass; you scattered your enemies with your mighty arm.
(11) The heavens are yours; the earth also is yours; the world and all that is in it, you have founded them.
(12) The north and the south, you have created them; Tabor and Hermon joyously praise your name.
(13) You have a mighty arm; strong is your hand, high your right hand.
(14) Righteousness and justice are the foundation of your throne; steadfast love and faithfulness go before you.
(15) Blessed are the people who know the festal shout, who walk, O LORD, in the light of your face,
(16) who exult in your name all the day and in your righteousness are exalted.
(17) For you are the glory of their strength; by your favor our horn is exalted.
(18) For our shield belongs to the LORD, our king to the Holy One of Israel.
Songs We will Sing Together