Roberts, Vaughan. Distinctives: Dare to be Different. OM Publishing: 2000. 119 pages
In a fresh and readable style, Vaughan Roberts, issues a challenging call to Christians to live out their faith. We should be different from the world around us.
Targeting difficult but crucial areas such as our attitude to money and possessions, sexuality, contentment, relativism and service, this teaching is holiness in the tradition of J.C Ryle for the contemporary generation. Roberts helps us to consider how we are to respond biblically to the temptations and pitfalls surrounding us—giving what we cannot keep to gain what we cannot lose.
This little book is helpful in many ways. Roberts gets to the heart of the matter in a very practical style that deals with everyday issues within the life of believers. If the world thinks one way, the people of God are often called to think another. We are to be different, and Roberts helps the reader see the essential difference of walking by the Spirit as believers in Christ. READ THIS BOOK.
- Perspective in a world that lives for the moment.
- Service in a world that looks after number one.
- Contentment in a world that never has enough.
- Purity in a world obsessed with sex.
- Certainty in a world in which everything is relative.
- Holiness in a world where anything goes.
- Wholeheartedness in a world that can’t be bothered.
Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect. (Romans 12:2)