A personal prayer list for American Christians…
- That we would not so desire American to be great again that we don’t put the greatness of God on display in our hearts, lives, and witness.
- That we would be so grieved by our own sin, and not just the sins of others, that repentance and spiritual awakening in our own lives and churches would be a priority.
- That our citizenship in heaven will always override our citizenship on earth. Being good citizens of heaven will always make good citizens of earth… not vice versa.
- That today we would grieve just as much with those of Turkey, Bangladesh, and Iraq as we do those of Paris and Brussels.
- That we would PRAY for our leaders… and not disrespect or dishonor them. This is a COMMAND from God in His Word.
- That our hope would not be in a great nation, but in a King and His Kingdom.
A Prayer for Celebrating our Freedom(s) in Christ – S. Smith
9 Things You Should Know About Independence Day and the Declaration of Independence (J. Carter)
Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness (K. DeYoung)
4th of July (Ben Shive): Beautiful and Challenging
Take the time to listen to Michael Howard, Jr.’s sermon at Seaford Baptist from yesterday.
God and Country Crucified (Russell Moore)