IF YOU HAVE NOT GOTTEN A BOOK, CLICK HERE.
IF YOU HAVE NOT SIGNED UP FOR THE CHALLENGE, PLEASE SIGN UP HERE TO GET WEEKLY EMAILS WITH MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THESE PRINCIPLES.
Principle 4: God has sovereignly placed you in this world at this time with the abilities and gifts you have to bring glory to him and show the joy of the gospel to others.
Scripture to Meditate On: 1 Peter 2:9
Questions for Reflection and Application:
- God did not make a mistake when he uniquely created you and positioned you in this world. List at least three specific ways you can see God has wired you for his glory and the good of others. Are you a good listener? Do you love meeting new people? Do you enjoy talking about sports, music, or the arts? We tend to look only at our weaknesses. Take a few minutes to thank God for the good gifts he has given you.
- Name at least one limitation in your life you would change if you could.
- How can God use that limitation for his glory? Perhaps you came from a troubled home as a child and, although you still have struggles at times, you can joyfully share how Jesus has helped you through your past. Or maybe you have battled cancer or some other crisis and the struggle in one area has actually made you stronger in another.
- Think about and articulate why you want to share your faith. Is your why big enough?
- What are the things in your life that stir your affections for Jesus? What are the things that diminish your affections for him? What is one thing you can pursue or remove that will bring you closer to God?
- How is sharing the gospel different from selling a product?
- How can you bring the joy of God to others around you? Keep in mind your abilities, gifts, and current circumstances. Who is someone already in your life that you can bring joy to this week? How will you do so? Maybe it’s paying for the fast food meal of the person behind you in line. You might volunteer to help a neighbor with yard work. Or you could simply provide a listening ear to a coworker struggling with a family issue.