PRAY FOR OUR CHURCHES
zI appeal to you therefore, brothers,1 by the mercies of God, ato present your bodies bas a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship.2 2 cDo not be conformed to this world,3 but be transformed by dthe renewal of your mind, that by testing you may ediscern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.4
3 For fby the grace given to me I say to everyone among you gnot to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think with sober judgment, heach according to ithe measure of faith that God has assigned. 4 For jas in one body we have many members,5 and the members do not all have the same function, 5 so we, kthough many, lare one body in Christ, and individually mmembers one of another. 6 nHaving gifts that differ according to the grace given to us, let us use them: if oprophecy, pin proportion to our faith; 7 if qservice, in our serving; the one who teaches, in his teaching; 8 the one who exhorts, in his exhortation; the one who contributes, in generosity; rthe one who leads,6 with zeal; the one who does acts of mercy, with scheerfulness.
9 tLet love be genuine. uAbhor what is evil; hold fast to what is good. 10 vLove one another with brotherly affection. wOutdo one another in showing honor. 11 Do not be slothful in zeal, xbe fervent in spirit,7 yserve the Lord. 12 zRejoice in hope, abe patient in tribulation, bbe constant in prayer. 13 cContribute to the needs of the saints and dseek to show hospitality.
14 eBless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse them. 15 fRejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep. 16 gLive in harmony with one another. hDo not be haughty, but associate with the lowly.8 iNever be wise in your own sight. 17 jRepay no one evil for evil, but kgive thought to do what is honorable in the sight of all. 18 If possible, so far as it depends on you, llive peaceably with all. 19 Beloved, mnever avenge yourselves, but leave it9 to the wrath of God, for it is written, n“Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.” 20 To the contrary, o“if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by so doing you will heap burning coals on his head.” 21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.
- PRAY FOR OUR CHURCH (AND OTHERS) TO BE FULL OF PEOPLE WITH RENEWED MINDS, SEEKING CHRIST AND HIS WISDOM, SEEKING CHRIST AND WHAT IS GOOD, ACCEPTABLE AND PERFECT.
- PRAY THAT WE WILL THINK OF OTHERS BEFORE AND MORE THAN WE THINK OF OURSELVES, SERVING OTHERS EVEN THROUGH SACRIFICING
- PRAY THAT WE WILL ALL TAKE SERIOUSLY OUR ROLE IN THE CHURCH TO SERVE ONE ANOTHER IN THE MIDDLE OF DIFFICULTY, OUTDOING ONE ANOTHER IN SERVING
- PRAY THAT WE WILL WEEP WITH THOSE WHO WEEP
- PRAY FOR LOVE TO WIN THE DAY
- PRAY FOR FAITH, NOT FEAR
- PRAY FOR OPPORTUNITY TO SERVE OUR COMMUNITY AND THE FEARLESSNESS AND FAITH TO STEP OUT AND FAITHFULLY SERVE
- PRAY THAT WE WILL SERVE EVEN OUR ENEMIES, OVERCOMING EVIL WITH GOOD